to find us
From the South
- Leave the M6 motorway at junction 36 for Kendal/Lakes.
- Follow signs to Barrow (A590).
- Turn right to Workington (A5092) 3 miles beyond Newby
Bridge and follow this road to Broughton-in-Furness
- Turn right to Ulpha before the River Duddon (3/4 mile
- After 4 miles turn left in Ulpha village to the steep
hill signed Eskdale.
- Follow the fell road to the King George IV pub (6
- Turn right.
- Drive past Brook House (Poachers Bar), up the small
hill and down the other side. At the dip in the road,
you will see a sign for christcliff which is up a lane
on your left.
Please note: if you have satellite
navigation, the recommended route often appears to be over Wrynose
and Hardknott passes which can be very lovely but are incredibly
steep (England's steepest road with gradients of up to one in three),
windy and narrow. Following this route is shorter in distance but
certainly not quicker than the directions shown above.
The postcode for Christcliff is: CA19 1TH
From the North
Leave the M6 at Carlisle (junction 44)
and follow the A595 (signed Barrow).
Turn off at Gosforth and follow the
road (6 miles) to Eskdale.
Keep going right through Eskdale Village
until you come to the George IV on your right.
At the George, turn left.
Drive past Brook House (Poachers Bar),
up the small hill and down the other side. At the dip
in the road, you will see a sign for christcliff which
is up a lane on your left.
Back to top of page