How To Find Us
1) From the A66 roundabout (approx. 1m south of Cockermouth) take
the A5086 signposted EGREMONT.
(The "Lakeland Shop and Wool Centre" is just off this roundabout).
(This roundabout is approx. 30 miles from the M6 Junction 40 on
2) Continue along the A5086 for approx. 7.3 miles.
Turn left, signposted KIRKLAND 1m, ENNERDALE BRIDGE 2 1/4m.
3) Continue for 1 mile, entering into the village KIRKLAND.
Turn first left at the crossroads signposted CROASDALE 1 3/4m.
4) Continue for 1 mile until reaching a 'T junction.' Turn right.
5) Continue for 0.7 miles (steep hills and hairpin bends) until
reaching a T junction. Turn left signposted ROUGHTEN, ENNERDALE
WATER 1 3/4.
6) Routen House (painted white) lies approx. 1.2 miles along this
road. It is the first house immediately after ROUTEN FARM COTTAGE.
Beyond Routen Farm cottage a private drive (with 5 bar gate set
in stone walls) turns right into Routen House.
(150 yds before Routen Farm is MIRESIDE B&B)
(If you drive past Routen House and miss it, approx. 0.5 miles beyond,
the road comes to a dead end with a car park - Ennerdale Lake and
forest. If you turn around and retrace your route, there is a white
cottage immediately on the left. Routen House is the next house
on the left hand side, immediately before Routen Farm.)
The postcode for Routen House is: CA23 3AU
Back to top of page